City Theatrical's DMXcat™ system is designed for use by the lighting professional who is involved with the planning, installation, operation, or maintenance of theatrical and studio lighting equipment. The DMX Cat system consists of a small hardware interface device and a suite of mobile applications. Together, they combine to bring DMX/RDM control plus several other functionalities to the user’s smartphone for use wherever and whenever they are needed. Developed with input from designers and technicians, the DMX cat will be an indispensable tool for lighting users. The DMX cat operates with both Android and IPhones.
The DMXcat's interface device is a compact battery powered unit which fits easily in a pocket or tool pouch or may be worn on a belt. It uses Bluetooth LE technology for communication with the smartphone/applications (up to 35’ range). Without the limitations of being physically connected, the user can move about the workspace as needed with his/her smartphone and run the various apps while still using the phone for on-the-job communication. The device’s 5 pin XLRF connector/cable assembly allows it to be connected to a point in a DMX data chain to allow testing and or control of the various DMX/RDM channel functions. It is charged using a standard USB to Micro-USB cable and charger.
Other features include a built-in LED flashlight, an audible alarm (for locating a misplaced unit), an LED Status indicator, and a removable belt clip.
There are seven apps available for use with the DMXcat system. Apps are available through Google Play (Android) or the Appstore (IPhone).
AT A GLANCE
- Interface device is a compact battery powered device unit
- Bluetooth LE technology for communication with smartphone/ applications
- 5 pin XLRF connector/ cable assembly allows it to be connected to a point in a DMX data chain
- USB to Micro-USB cable and charger
- Software Applications:
- DMX Controller: a single universe (512) DMX channel controller with two user interfaces.
- Fixture Controller DMX: test app for multi-attribute fixtures with built in database of lighting fixtures.
- RDM Controller: App for bi-directional communication/control of RDM enabled devices.
- DMX Tester: Permits users to analyze and or adjust settings for transmitting or receiving DMX.
- RF Spectrum Analyzer: For surveying and visualizing Wi-Fi networks.
- DIP switch calculator: This app simplifies the configuring of DIP switches used for setting DMX addresses.
- Light Meter (Android only): Useful for setting light levels for on-camera use.
City Theatrical DMXCat Multi-Function Test Tool
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth LE
- Range: 35’ (10m)
- Status LED indicator: Yes, multicolour
- Flashlight: White LED
- Charging port: Micro USB
- DMX connection: 5PXLRF
- Battery Run Time: 20 hrs
- Charge Time: 8 hrs
Apps: Android and iOS
- DMX Controller, Fixture Controller, DIP Switch Calculator
- DMX Tester, RDM Controller, Light Meter (Android only)
- RF Spectrum Analyser (Android only)
- Construction: NEMA 1 ABS enclosure
- Compliance: CE, RoHS, FCC
- Weight: .3 lbs (.14 kg)
- Dimensions: 1.63”(41.4mm) x 3.75” (95.3mm) x .94”(23.9mm)